Posting History for left rev
|Faces of Family-Faces of Fate
I love these people very much. One is my mom. The others are her remaining siblings. Their beautiful faces tell a story of one generation of family, and the four different directions in ...
|I'm only going to write this one
And then I'm going to creep back into I-don't-have-time-to-be-a-regular-commenter-because-I-have-to-put-so-much-thought-into-every-response-due-to-social-anxiety-issues-and-time-to-write-a-diary-...
|I haven't seen him in twenty years....
My husband’s medicines seem to be working, and his tremor is doing much better. As a result, he decided to trim up his beard-not trusting me with a razor, probably wisely so. However, some impulse ...
|ACA anecdote from rural Wisconsin
I'm on my lunch hour, so this will be brief. The smaller of my two churches is in a very small, very rural, very conservative/libertarian community in north west Wisconsin. Since 2008, I have heard ...
|Brothers and Sisters-A Spiritual Parvenu
The world has been abuzz this last week over Pope Francis’ bold sermon on the destructive role money plays in the life of the Roman Catholic Church and in the world. Those that pray* are lifting ...
|Coming Soon to a Bathroom Near You
Working from the basic biological fact that everyone has to use the bathroom sometime, and the basic philosophical theory that everyone needs something to read while they're in there, the ...
|A Black Tux with Periwinkle Blue Tie and Vest
Going through the high school graduation thing with my second daughter has made me think about milestones. I vest a lot of important in milestones. When my first daughter turned 18 and was eligible ...
It is inevitable. It is good natured. Every time I inform my Staff Parish Committee about my vacation plans, someone will joke: “Why do pastor needs vacation? They only work two hours on Sunday.”
I'm sure I'll figure it out in a moment.... It's so clean and uncluttered around here. Someone must have picked up. Wow, when did Markos attach the turbos to the site? Wait a minute..... That ...
|You'll Be Glad to Know Our Marriage Survived
So, my husband and I were here , just making sure our 22 year, heterosexual marriage could survive the onslaught of equality....
|How do I get used to this?
“I hate that we’re getting used to losing young people again.” My head whipped around to stare at the speaker. It was Maggie, a usually cheerful octogenarian who does a daily three mile ...
|Report of shooting at Family Research Council D.C. Office
This is NOT good.
|Mandatory Abuse Reporting: An Act of Faith
Many professions require one to be a mandatory reporter of suspected child, elder or vulnerable-person abuse, with significant penalties possible if you do NOT follow through on this responsibility. ...
|Silencing the prophets?
Once a quadrenniam, the United Methodist Church from throughout the world sends delegates to General Conference. There, 3,500 Methodists gather to pray about, discuss, and vote on potential changes ...
|Bless the Maybelles
Many of my parishioners are quite elderly. And while they span the gamut of health and activity, most of them are quite mentally sharp and not the least bit shy about sharing their opinion with “...
|"This is the best thing of my life!"; wherein I reconsider Adam Sandler
"This is the best thing of my life!" We're used to hyperbole around these parts, but no need to take this statement with a grain of thought. It is quite sincere and, sadly, probably accurate. ...
|"I can't even pronounce it, and its trying to kill my son"
Dystroglycanopathy Muscular Dystrophy limb girdle with learning disabilties due to POM T 2 mutation. It doesn't have a wiki page, but ...
|Gimme shelter from the storm or #occupy my living room
There she sits. All tipped back in my recliner with her eyes closed, fingers in her ears when the kids argue and fuss or the dog barks. She doesn’t know she’s the 99%. She barely knows what day ...
|Unwanted and Undaunted
Where to begin? I am not a social worker. I am not a counselor. I am not a life skills coach. I am not a teacher. I am a pastor of a small, rural congregation in a high poverty area of Wisconsin ...
|A Letter to My Congregations
This is a letter that I sent to my two, small UMC congregations. I do not know if similar letters are being sent elsewhere, and I make no claim that they should. But this was from my heart... (...
|Love is ALWAYS on Trial
I do truly have other things to express opinions about, but the issues surrounding homosexuality, the United Methodist Church, and the outcome of Rev. Amy DeLong's trial in the Wisconsin Annual ...
|Love is Only Partially Guilty
This will be a quick update from the website concerning Amy DeLong's church trial.
|"Welcome to your new normal"-the diagnosis I've been waiting for
For eight years, I've been aware of it lurking just around the corner. After my youngest child was born, I've known it was only a matter of time. I had the gestational variety, my parents have it, ...
|Love on Trial
Some of you may have heard a little bit about the upcoming United Methodist Church trial of Rev. Amy DeLong. There have been media leaks. I’d like to share some personal thoughts, because Amy is a ...
|I Know Its Silly, but Let’s Play with It
Its not a novel thought, by any means. I’m sure its occurred to nearly everyone who stops for a moment to consider the effects of power. It goes at least as far back as Plato’s musing ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by left rev
- Dear Little Brother If you'd lived through Viet Nam, who would you be now? For one thing, you'd 69 years old, still six years younger than me. I still giggle when I remember how , as a child, you ...15 comments 89 Recs
- While I've been hesitant to join in some of the more heated conversations about these topics of late, I have read with interest a few diaries and comment threads related to them. Forgive me for ...412 comments 158 Recs
- How much longer? Commentary by Black Kos Editor Denise Oliver-Velez I'm not even sure why I am asking this question, except right now I'm tired. Saw ...185 comments 77 Recs
- I worry about Iran. I really do. And I'm glad at least some of our leaders see it for what it is - a lawless nation. It's a threat to peace. Anyone who pays attention knows that. Iran, let's never ...275 comments 389 Recs
- One week ago, BeninSC posted a diary noting that the Republicans are "a party of Orwellian deception" and urging us to ...shine the biggest light on the superiority of Democratic morality. Of doing ...255 comments 735 Recs
- On February 3rd, 2015, Yuvette Henderson was or was not shoplifting as she left Home Depot in Emeryville, CA , a small city nestled between Oakland and Berkeley. She did or did not have a gun, ...74 comments 156 Recs
- 280 comments 266 Recs
- The New York Times offers the data from this report from the Violence Policy Center that the NRA and its supporters would rather we not have, because it makes it clear that concealed carry costs ...423 comments 208 Recs
- America is a scary, violent place. Yes, we host the Grammys and produce Pixar movies, but we live in one of the most violent nations, historically and currently, in the entire world. Culture and ...131 comments 142 Recs
- At last count, the Disney measles outbreak is at 114 cases, with one who took Amtrak in New York state while contagious. It's time for some serious proposals to deal with this and prevent future ...160 comments 136 Recs
left rev's Tags
- No current results.
left rev's Blogroll
- No current results.