Poll, poll, polls...every freakin' day, more polls. This one however has really gotten my attention because it clearly shows that the entire GOP is in real trouble. Check out these hard facts from Pew. This is the straight dope for those of you who don't have the time to read Pew's long narrative.
1. Obama leads Romney by 12 points (54% to 42%)
2. Obama wups Santorum by 18 points (57% to 39%).
3. Obama’s advantage among women voters, – 20 points over Romney and 26 points over Santorum.
4. Obama holds an enthusiasm advantage over both of his main GOP rivals.
5. 41% say they support Obama strongly, compared with only 28% who strongly support the former Massachusetts governor.
6. Obama holds a commanding 45% to 28% lead over Santorum in strong support.
7. 59% of Americans believe Obama ill win re-election.
8. 43% approve of his handling of the economy--up from 35%.
9. Obama's favorability is at 56% and his approval at 50%.
10. The Democratic Party has opened a slim 44% to 39% advantage as the party better able to improve the job situation.
11. The Democrats also are viewed as better able to represent people’s views on abortion (by 16 points), and to deal with health care (14 points), Medicare (13 points) and the nation’s energy problems (11 points).
12. The two parties run about even on dealing with the federal budget deficit (41% Democrats, 42% Republicans).
13. Half of Americans (50%) say the Republican Party is more extreme in its positions; just 35% say that phrase better describes the Democratic Party.
14. Americans believe the Democratic Party can better manage Republican Party (39%) as the Democratic Party (42%) can better manage the federal government.